The service for the "Niconico" PlayStation(R)Vita app has been restarted.
In addition to the restart, the app has been renewed to allow you watch not only live
broadcasts but also niconico videos and timeshifts.
If you don't have the app, please download it from the PlayStation(R)Store.
If you do have the app already, please update it to the newest version( see below).
How to update:
1. Start Niconico on your PS Vita.
2. Immediately after Niconico launches, an orange-colored update button will
appear on the upper part of the screen.
3. Tap this button to update. If the orange-colored update button fails to appear,
please try closing and restarting the app.
- Video playback enabled.
- Comments can be switched between Japanese and English.
- Videos can be auto played on some lists.
- Programs can now be viewed after they have been live streamed.
- Programs that can be timeshifted are indicated with a timeshift label.
- A timeshift booking list is also available.
- Live official streaming programs from Niconico and other corporations are now available.
The following sections have been added to make video/live streaming program searches easier:
- Free text search: allows for video or live streaming program searches using words or phrases.
- Rankings: allows you to find popular videos and live streaming programs.
- Watch History: allows you to view the combined viewing history of all your Niconico accounts.
- My List: allows you to view, add or remove My List videos from your player.
The following may occur due to PS Vita system issues:
- Certain videos will fail to function properly when the seek bar is used during playback.
- The autoplay feature will stop functioning after several videos are played.
- If the above symptoms occur, pressing the update button or closing the video player may resolve these issues.
Thank you for using the "Niconico" PS Vita app.